Blog Intoduction

Over 3 years has passed, almost to the day, since we left Costa Rica. The Wilson's are now on a new journey for 10 weeks...this time to Nairobi, Kenya. We'd love to have you journey with us.

-The Wilson Family

Sign up to receive an email with new posts

Monday, April 8, 2019

A mini-world: an International Airport

It’s been 19 years since I’ve crossed the Atlantic.  19 years since I’ve felt the disorienting effects of jet lag, made even worse by a somewhat restless 7 year old trying to sleep on my lap in what to our confused bodies was the middle of the afternoon.  19 years since I’ve had a perfect European croissant- both flaky and wonderfully chewy.

The dreary skies of lowland Amsterdam, remind me of my hometown in Western Michigan, where the Dutch, sensing a place of home, settled in droves.  I find it fascinating how the familiar drives a human heart, even when we are in search of something new.

My ears perk once again to the music of new languages.  This “mini-world” of an international airport reminds me of the vastness of our world, the depth of culture, and the beauty of difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment