Blog Intoduction

Over 3 years has passed, almost to the day, since we left Costa Rica. The Wilson's are now on a new journey for 10 weeks...this time to Nairobi, Kenya. We'd love to have you journey with us.

-The Wilson Family

Sign up to receive an email with new posts

Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Trip Home

We had an interesting time going to the USA. Our trip home from Costa Rica was the opposite of “pura vida”.  (Pura vida is a Costa Rican saying for "great life") At the airport we had to wait and wait for one extra day to take off.  Before we took off, I was a little worried. When we were taking off, I was glued back in my seat.

We flew 2 long hours to get into Florida. I felt overjoyed when I could see the land below me. I watched the ground until we landed in Florida and when I was in the plane I saw 5 baseball stadiums, 2 tennis courts, and 1 beautiful sunset.

In Florida, we literally needed to run to the gate. For the second time, the plane took off. We flew another 2 hours, and we landed in Detroit.

When we arrived, I felt really tired. I thought Joel was lucky because he fell right asleep. Mom and Joel stayed with the luggage and the rest of us went down the elevator into the parking to try to find our mini-van. My dad looked at the text that said where the van was.  Because he was so tired, he thought it said “A1” and it really just said “A”.

We asked security people if we were in the North Terminal and I wanted to speak Spanish to any brown person I saw.  We went one more row over and I saw a car that I thought was ours, but it wasn’t, it just looked exactly like the car we had in Costa Rica for two months. Finally dad saw a little hitch and said, “Maybe that’s out car.” Then we went dashing down the parking lot.  Kyle said, “There is only one way to find out if it is ours.” He went to the passenger side window and looked in. He saw his Humphry book and said, “It is!” After we loaded up the van, we decided to get some fast food for the first meal in Michigan. There weren’t any other options at 1:00 am. I ate all my fries and then fell fast asleep with a hamburger in my hand.

Even though it was a rough time coming back from Costa Rica, we were never becalmed.

-Seth Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment