Blog Intoduction

Over 3 years has passed, almost to the day, since we left Costa Rica. The Wilson's are now on a new journey for 10 weeks...this time to Nairobi, Kenya. We'd love to have you journey with us.

-The Wilson Family

Sign up to receive an email with new posts

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Try Zip Lining!



 
Last weekend we went to hotel Los Lagos at the base of Volcan Arenal.  It is one of the cone-topped volcanoes in Costa Rica. 

My favorite thing we did was zip lining.  First we went to a practice line, which was very short and low to the ground.  Then we went in a 4X4 truck up the mountain.  Next, we got onto the first platform.  There were a few people ahead of me and they went zipping down the line.  Finally, it was my turn.  It was a little scary at first, but then I loved it. 

I heard the line making a sound like a bee as I zipped along.  While I was flying through the air, I saw the brown and green grass in the countryside, farm houses, beautiful, green treetops, and at the end I saw horses.  

I went on fourteen different length lines.  Every time the guide on the platform at the far end of the line was ready for another person to come he hit the cable with the bottom of his hand.  It made a sound on the end where we were waiting and that meant go!  I felt excited when I heard it because that meant I was going to go soon.

Overall I loved it.  I didn't like the harness, though.  The equipment on it was a little heavy.  Zip lining was still so exciting!


-Seth Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment