Blog Intoduction

Over 3 years has passed, almost to the day, since we left Costa Rica. The Wilson's are now on a new journey for 10 weeks...this time to Nairobi, Kenya. We'd love to have you journey with us.

-The Wilson Family

Sign up to receive an email with new posts

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Try Surfing!!



Seth and his surf teacher
Surfing is a great experience.  You should go surfing at Playa Dominical because the teachers are good.  They give you a smile and cheer when you ride a wave.  They make it fun.  One even lifted me up onto his head while I was on the surfboard. 

My teachers were good at teaching me how to surf.  First they draw a line in the hot sand for you to practice standing up and then they bring you to the water to try to surf.  The teachers find perfect waves and then they push you into the current.  Before they let go they say, "Up!" and you jump up.  It's not easy to do, so at first I crawled up and I probably won't jump up for a while because it's hard to do.  After I rode a wave my teacher said, "Do you want to ride a smaaall, green wave?"  in a Spanish accent.  "Yes, I would love to!" I excitedly would say.

It is exciting to stand up on the board.  It felt like going a little over the speed limit on the highway.  Just like the highway it's busy with surfers.  When you fall off it feels like you fell off into the snow.  The most exciting thing is when you ride a wave all the way into the shore. 
Seth balancing on a surfboard

I can't rent a board and just go to the ocean and surf, yet.  I want to keep having surf lessons to practice more.  I hope I can see you practicing surfing at the beach soon!

-Seth Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment