Blog Intoduction

Over 3 years has passed, almost to the day, since we left Costa Rica. The Wilson's are now on a new journey for 10 weeks...this time to Nairobi, Kenya. We'd love to have you journey with us.

-The Wilson Family

Sign up to receive an email with new posts

Saturday, January 2, 2016

A different christmas

For me, this Christmas season didn’t feel the same.  What I really wanted for Christmas was for it to feel the same.  I miss a feeling that I don’t think I will feel again.  Even though same things are different this Christmas, there are things that are the same.  What did you feel like this Christmas?
Christmas in Michigan

Some ways we celebrate Christmas in Costa Rica and Michigan are the same.  Our family is together.  I will be with my brothers and parents.  Our family is going to be in a house on Christmas.  Our family can listen to Christmas music on our speaker.  We can make molasses cookies that make my mouth water.  With our cousins and family we decorated our tree.  Our family gets presents for Christmas.


In Michigan, we celebrate Christmas in different ways.  At a tree farm we cut a tree down.  On Christmas it is under 35 degrees.  On Christmas Eve, we go to a candlelight church service and go to my grandparents' house.  We go to Meijer Gardens about a week before Christmas.

Christmas in Costa Rica
This year we are celebrating Christmas in Costa Rica.  In Michigan we eat pigs in a blanket and in Costa Rica we eat tamales.  In Costa Rica it is 85 degrees on Christmas and it doesn’t feel like Christmas.  Our decorations are foam and paper.  We have a fake Christmas tree.  We don’t get to go to our grandparents’ houses.

I wonder how Christmas will be like next year!

-Seth Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment